Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Challenge Inspiration: Suzanne & Marcia!


It was a *really* hard decision who to scraplift and/or which tutorial to do. I really wanted to use this photo of my hubby and grandmother and Echo Park's new "This to That" Charming was the perfect color scheme. I needed that finishing touch to make it POP and I knew Marcia's masculine embellishment tutorial was just the thing. I love how it turned out! I can't wait to see who YOU scraplift!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Marcia is back to share some challenge inspiration with you. I think our Design Team ROCKS!! I get constant inspiration from everyone, so I had to scraplift not just one idea, but 4 for this layout!
You may remember that Sandi did a layout of a caricature for the Leap Year challenge. Well, I have a wall in my dining room full of framed caricatures! All I had to do was copy them and reduce them in size so I could scrapbook them. There are so few pictures of my husband and myself (because I am the one taking pictures all the time) that this caricature is a favorite of mine.
Ever since I saw Caroli's rolled flower tutorial, I have been wanting to make some rolled flowers. Would you believe, this was my first time making them! Caroli was sweet enough to send me her SVG file of rolled flowers. I will definitely be making a lot more of these!!
Notice that journal card, I have been using my computer to print on journal cards ever since I saw Kate's tutorial for printing on tags. I really hate my handwriting, so it really comes in handy.
My final scraplift is the title. Kate used bakers twine in her twine sentiment tutorial, I decided to use my hemp cord in keeping with the more rustic look I was going for. The hemp cord was a little more difficult to work with as it is not as pliable as twine, but I love how it turned out.
I had so much fun with this challenge! I just wish I could have included more scraplifts!! I can't wait to see what you create for this challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne