Thursday, February 23, 2012

Challenge Inspiration: Sandi & Caroli!



Wow, there was so much inspiration to draw from in this photo!!  I took a picture of a caricature drawing of my husband and I that we had done a couple of years ago at Universal Studios Orlando.  I enlarged it and used it as the focal point of my layout as we are in much the same position as the couple on the movie poster.  I used green designer papers from Stampin' Up in keeping with the color scheme of the inspiration photo....I even added the rusty colored paper along the bottom as a nod to the actress's beautiful auburn hair color. I used part of the movie title for my page title also. There was just so much to choose from...it was an awesome photo inpiration challenge and I am really looking forward to all the clever entries we will have.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~


For this challenge I chose the love theme and also used the green/gray/white palette which I do love. I used this pic of me and my hubby during our vacations in the beautiful village of San Pedro de Atacama 4 years ago

This is very simple, but I liked it a lot. I used white cardstock as base and sprayed some green and gray glimmer mist on it. I also placed a lot of flags on the let side, made with the Essentials collections (both, Runaway and Upscale) from Echo Park, don't you just love to have TONS of flags?? LOL!
I used my Dymo labeller to write some lyrics of the song Real Love by John Lennon. The title was made with some light wood letters I found on a local store, which I misted to change the color, and also with a couple of flags.

I wish the pics could show the metallic detail of the mist, it's so pretty ❤  You can see some more details and closeups of this layout on my blog, hopefully it will help you to get inspired to participate with us :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne