Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A very special sketch challenge!

Good morning paper crafters! I am SO excited to announce our next challenge. The Paper Variety is honored to have Julie Bonner design a sketch just for us! In addition to blogging, crafting, and designing awesome sketches - Julie is getting ready to welcome a bundle of joy in a couple of weeks! We wish you all the best Julie and thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to inspire us with your work!

Here is the 2 page sketch Julie created:


As if that isn't enticing enough! Here is our fabulous prize for one lucky entry - the November kit from Scrapcetera! Stop back Friday to hear more about Sarah's awesome products.


Here is what our talented design team created with Julie's sketch!

Shawn made this adorable layout of her little boy's first haircut. I love how she stapled her title! The swirls also give the photo mat a nice balance.



I love how Yara interpreted Julie's sketch and made this fantastic one page layout. The mixed alpha title and embellishments really add to the fun pictures.




Shannon created this festive layout, complete with a flag banner! Such fun colors and patterns, too. I love her signature style of white stitching/outlining.



I want to hug one of these button trees! I love the different colors and textures. Such sweet journaling too!



Beautiful! I can't stop looking at this layout by Melissa. The red just POPS!on this snowy page.



I created a layout of my recent trip to California. We only had one day of bad weather, but that didn't stop us from buying umbrellas and touring the city!


I can't wait to see how Julie's sketch inspires you! Link your layout before Sunday evening for a chance to be showcased and before Tuesday evening to be eligible for the Scrapcetera kit!


8 comments:

  1. Amazing work ladies!!! Love Julie and her sketches...may have to try this sketch this week! ;)
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layouts, ladies! This sketch has so many possibilities :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. you gals are so inspiring! great sketch by Julie, hope I get time to play along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a bunch of gorgeous layouts ladies. Of course a Julie Bonner sketch is a great jumping off point! This has got to be one of the best challenge sites out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this sketch! Oh, I hope I can find time to make a layout with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is such an awesome sketch from Julie and incredibly inspiring work from the DT ladies...awesome job!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely inspiration! I linked up!
    http://kmassman-scrapbooks-cards.blogspot.com/2010/11/whats-that-layout.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this sketch too! Julie never disappoints! Now I just need to work on my scrapping skills ;)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne