Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Challenge Inspiration: Sandi & Caroli!


I love hitting thrift stores and yard sales.  Recently I ran across a bunch of vintage sewing patterns at my local thrift store for 25 cents apiece.  I bought a few (should have bought them all) and I used some of the tissue paper sewing patterns to make these flowers for my memo clips made with vintage clothespins (also a thrift store find).  The paper, although it is delicate holds up well to inking and misting.  I misted the flower on the right. The paper is so pretty and ruffles easily.  I just love the vintage shabby look these flowers have.  The butterflies on the middle flower are courtesy of my friend April Walker.

Head on over to my blog -- Slightly Off Center -- where I have a giveaway for an extra vintage sewing pattern and some vintage clothespins.  I will also throw in a few extra scrapping goodies for the winner! You have until May 14th to enter.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I really enjoyed this challenge because I do love flowers, I think they are a great addition to any layout, specially handmande ones. 

I used some pics of our national holidays last year. My little girl had several activities on her kindergarten and she had to attend wearing one of our typical dresses, this is a Huasa dress. She chose the color of her dress herself, she just loves bright colors, just like me

All the papers are from Pebbles' Fresh Goods collection. Pink letter are from My Little Shoebox, kraft ones are also from Fresh Goods and tiny teal ones are from October Arfteroon.
I added the flowery detail in the banner at the top. I put 3 rolled flowers I cut with the Cricut and a SVG file from Lettering Delights. 


If you want to see more closeups of my layout you can take a look to my blog, hope you participate with us in this flower challenge :)

1 comment:

  1. One of the best ways to build a vintage wardrobe is to find antique sewing patterns at local thrift stores. It’s a lot of fun to rummage through a thrift store because you never know what you may find. Other places you may find inexpensive vintage sewing patterns are: Goodwill Thrift Store and Salvation Army Thrift Store Thrift stores are a great place to search for vintage sewing patterns. You never know what you will find at a thrift store. Use your imagination, explore and you will be on your way to building a unique vintage wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne