Saturday, July 9, 2011

Design Team - Nicole & Jamilie



Meet Nicole


Hi! My name is Nicole and I am proud to be on The Paper Variety's Design Team. This is my very first DT experience and I am so looking forward to being creative with all of you every week! I am in my late 30's, I have a very uninspiring office job, and I live in a small coastal town in Atlantic Canada with my soulmate Yves. For a few years, it has been just Yves and I, so no kids (although we do have 2 wonderful nieces whom we love to spoil!) and no pets, but we're hoping that will change in the near future since we will be moving into a new home very shortly with lots of space and lots of rooms to fill! And yes! I am happy to say that I will finally have my very own scraproom!

I have been hooked on scrapbooking since one of my good friends introduced me to it in 2005. Having always been very artistically-inclined, I was immediately fascinated, paper crafts being just what I needed to fully satisfy and externalise my constant need to create. I cannot say that I have a specific style, only that it is very versatile and adapts itself constantly to my moods and inspirations. One layout may be fun and colorful, while another may turn out vintage and elegant. I tend to use a lot of different pattern papers and embellishments - the more, the better! - and I do prefer to make double-page layouts for my albums. I am actually known among my friends as the Queen of Double-Pages. Along with layouts, I also love to make cards, mini books, and altered objects. My new favourite technique, at the detriment of my carpal-tunnel-infected fingers, is hand-stitching! I have to literally force myself not to add a stitch to every single project I make.

I am so grateful to The Paper Variety for giving me my first DT opportunity, and I could not ask for a better place to spread my creative wings! From my very first visit to TPV blog, I was absolutely enchanted by this blog's friendly atmosphere and their fun challenges fit for all tastes. I cannot wait to inspire AND be inspired by all of you!

Here are a few samples of what I love to do best!  If you want to see more, visit me @ http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com and be sure to follow The Paper Variety blog!



 

********************************************
*******************************************
 
 Meet Jamilie

 
 
 
Hi my name is Jamilie! I am so happy to be here at The Paper Variety! I have been living in Atlanta, GA since 1998 but am originally from Aruba where I learned to be fluent in 4 languages (English, Dutch, Spanish and Papiamento). I live with my hubby Marc of almost 8 years, my daughter Isabella who is almost 1 and 3 cats Smokey, Bandit and Tiggy who are 4! I am a civil engineer and have been out of school a little over 8 years now! I mainly scrap on weekends when baby is napping to relax from the hectic work week!

 
I have always been crafty from painting to making centerpieces for the Holidays. I have been scrapping since May 2009 and took a break of about a year in between by only making cards! One day I just decided to re-start my wedding album and started out with paper and stickers! Things have drastically changed since I started scrapping! I can see my work continue evolving over time.. I don't have a set style, but I love to use flowers, swirls, buttons and rose ribbons/lace trims.. Love to make clusters and pile stuff together when I can.. doilies have been my new favorite item to use as well when I can get them! Since I have mainly scrapped cards for about a year I am just now getting back into layouts!
 
So excited to get started here and meeting everyone!
 
Here are some samples of my work!
 


 


 
 Be sure to join us tomorrow when we fetaure Jackie & Hannah! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne