Monday, July 11, 2011

Design Team - Kylie & Cassandra


Meet Kylie


I live in a small town in Australia called Tumut. I have lived my whole life basically in this country town and I love the peace and serenity which surrounds us.I am only 1 hr away from the snow region and we have a huge dam only 20 min away which is great for camping, swimming and fishing.You could say we have it made here. But i do enjoy when we go on holidays - it is always on the coast - beach and sand.

I am married to my school friend sweetheart Andrew and we share three beautiful daughters- Kayley 11, Emma 9 and Bridget 6. You could say I am the "taxi". My girls play heaps of sports and we only have 1 day off per week to spend basically as a family! I have worked in hospitality industry basically since leaving school. I stayed at home and cared for my girls until all went to school.

I have been scrapping since 2007 and I love a great challenge and enjoy trying different techniques. I do like to use bright and bold colours on my layouts which might make me stand out from the rest- I’m not a real flowery girl person. I love to cut up pp and use a lot of chipboard on my layouts.I mostly scrap at night and i kind of class it as "Binge"scrapping...i complete about 4-5 layouts in one sitting. My 3 girls and hubby tend to keep me busy. I do like to doodle a lot and use lots of layers with both embellies and pp.

I'm just glad to have been picked and given the opportunity for this term on The Paper Variety Team.I can't wait to start and have fun, meeting and being inspired by some new "scrappy friends"!!!!


Blog link: http://kylie-kyliesplace.blogspot.com/

Here is some of my work- TFL


*******************************************************
*******************************************************

Meet Cassandra


Hi everybody!  My name is Cassandra and I'm so excited to be a part of the Paper Variety's Design Team!!  I live in Connecticut with my husband, our two doggies, and our 10 month old son, Charlie.  I work full time as a Scientist by day but by night I'm an obsessed paper crafter :) (you can see my blog, Glue Meets Paper, here) I love to scrapbook photo's of my son mostly (he's just so darn cute!  Okay I might be bias.....) although sometimes I'll make one showing my hubby or doggies just to change things up a bit. 

I think I would describe my scrapbooking style as somewhat messy but with a clean design.  My favorite manufacturer is definitely Crate Paper although I love most product by October Afternoon as well.  I also love to use my sewing machine and my Cricut when the mood strikes.  I mostly make layouts but occassionally I'll throw in a card for fun.  Here are some of my favorite projects:


Well, that wraps up our 6 days of new design team introductions. :) I'm sure you'll agree, we have quite a creative team here at TPV! We're really excited about sharing their beautiful projects with you for the next 6 months. Visit The Paper Variety every week to be inspired to create your paper projects! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne