Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Challenge 22 and A Special Announcement :)

Good morning friends! We have a new challenge that is going to be SEW much fun, an awesome prize, amazing design team projects -- and a special announcement... so grab a cup of coffee and take it all in :)

First up, this week's challenge!


This is such a hot trend - whether you use a sewing machine (my nemesis.. lol), your paper piercer, needle/tread (my favorite way to go), or a faux-look (love the talented stuff I see on blogs with just a pen!) - we hope you join in the fun this week.

And if you do, one random project will win this sweet prize! My partner in crime fellow founder Abby is offering October Afternoon's Modern Homemaker 8x8 pad and chipboard! Perfect for this challenge, don't ya think? I'm no modern homemaker, but I want this! LOL!


The design team had a fun time stitching up this week's projects :) Take a look!



Melissa said, "We've been getting a little teaser of spring here in Michigan, so I was inspired to do a springy layout, especially since I was able to get the brand new Springtime collection from Echo Park from one of my local scrapbook stores a few days ago. The colors and patterns are so fresh and bright! I really enjoyed working with this collection and daydreaming about spring. :)"



Shannon's layout is brought to you with determination! Her daughter accidentally got her camera lens wet and she was unable to fix it. Her hubby brought a camera home from work, just so she could share this layout. Didn't she rock the challenge?!



Look closely at that center photograph..


Jan said, "I tried to think out of the box for this challenge and decided to do some hand stitching on my photo. I added some machine stitching along the borders of my layout as well."



Mindy said, "I don't get to play with "boy" colors often, but I thought why not!  I stitched around the circle and as well as here and there on the layout!  Now I think I'll have to start looking at the "blue" stuff when shopping!"



Patti said, "
My altered metal cake plate project was "sew much fun"!!!
I chose to work with jillibean soup pps. After punching several squares (2 sizes), I lightly adhered them to a piece of cs. Using a small zig zag stitch on my sewing machine, I stitched around each square. After cutting into the shape of a circle, I stitched down the brown trim. 
I am so happy with how my "home sweet home" project turned out!
"



Tessa said, "I don't know how to sew :(. I do a lot of hand stitching on my layouts, but I don't know how to use a sewing machine. I've made it a goal to learn how this year, so as soon as I get my hands on a machine, I'll dive in. After brainstorming this layout, I decided that I really wanted to do some machine stitching, so I called my mom :). I took my ribbons and cardstock over to her house and she sewed the ribbons onto my page with her machine. I love every little crease, wrinkle and pucker. It's just the texture I wanted :)."



It's been a while since I worked on my wedding album, but I knew if I was going to do a lot of hand-stitching (an did I ever!!) I wanted it to be an extra special layout. This is one of my favorites in that album! And my poor hubby isn't in it LOL.

I hope we've inspired you to join in the sewing fun ;) The link for your projects is below!

But I promised a special announcement...

Next week, The Paper Variety will be hosting our first BLOG HOP! Mark your calendars for next Wednesday, March 2nd. You won't want to miss this...


Have a great week!
-Suzanne

31 comments:

  1. So excited for the HOP! and what a great job on the sewing! beautiful, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Really beautiful examples this week! I love all of the stitching!!! I love sewing!!! Can't wait to get to work....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun challenge and lovely inpiration from the DT!! I´ll be waiting the blog hop!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow the DT did a fabulous job with this challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Felicitaciones y aca estare en el blog hop.....las invito a visitarme http://olgascrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. *{THE STITCHING INSPIRATION IS PHENOMENAL!}* You girls never cease to amaze me!!! :) <3 So honored to be on the team with y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE to sew on layouts! Fun fun challenge! What great projects by the DT! Looking forward to the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. cool challenge and great giveaway!!! love all the stuff too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome dt work!!! i'm not too big on sewing but i really love the look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, I miss you guys. I've been wanted to particpate and always run out of time.
    anyways, this is a very fun challenge, I LOVE stitching on my projects. Can't wait for the blog hop, I'm sure it will be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great projects! I don't sew, so I did some faux stitching on my project. I hope you like it...thanks for the fun challenge!

    Lisa
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great inspiration work girls...and what a fun challenge....lately I been stitching into everything ha ha ha....can't wait for the blog hop =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyones projects are great! Thank you for the fun! Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great challenge! I LOVE to use my machine for stitching. It great for making sure all those letters stay. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous work by the DT. Thanks for the fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. New to your blog and love it. What a fabulous job the DT did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. There are tons of entries already, wow!! Just uploaded mine too. The DT did an amazing job on this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such great ideas!!! thanks for letting me share my own project

    Patti Ross
    www.pattilynncreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Dt's examples are fabulous and I LOVE to sew on layouts and cards so I will be sure to have something done for this great challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for a great challenge! I love stitching! Gorgeous work from the DT!! :D

    xx Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love everyone on the dt's sewing projects. they were amazing. thanks for another fun challenge. sew fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks so much for stopping by my blog and letting me know about the challenge! love all the work from the dt, great blog you have here :) xxx Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fun challenge and beautiful DT projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! So many entries already! What a fun challenge! I just link my page :D Thanks you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I had sew much fun doing my card with your challenge this week.♥♥♥ :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a great challenge, wish I had time to do a card with real sewing but probably won't. The prize looks absolutely awesome and the DT projects are just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  27. awesome challenge and the DT examples are seriously ♥MIND-BLOWING♥! (wow!!!) i'll be back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. The DT's projects are all just stunning! Thanks so much for sharing...so much inspiration! I just linked up my scrapbook page...fun challenge!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loved the challenge since I just got a Sew Easy and this pushed me to use it! I linked my project to my photobucket account since I'm new to blogging and can't figure out how to get the pictures clicky to show up larger. Here's my blog if you would still like to check it out though: http://ilovethesmellofthickersinthemorning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello ladies, I have added the picture of a page I did a few weeks ago. I love stitching so the choice was hard !!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just discoved your blog! Beautiful inspiration from the DT! What a fun challenge! My sewing machine has been making a comeback in my craft room (just not with fabric)! I can't wait for your hop!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne