Sunday, May 20, 2012

Tutorial: Create your own chipboard embellies by Kate!

Sometimes I like to create 'faux chipboard' elements for my pages when I don't have the right embellishment for a page. Here's how.


  1. Cut out 4 or more of the same shape from a piece of cardstock. I used my silhouette Cameo. You could also use a Cricut or even hand cut the pieces. I chose to do scissors.
    1

  2. I cut the shape that I will be using as the top layer into 3 sections to make it look more like a pair of scissors.
    2

  3. I pierced holes around the edges and then hand stitched all the way around the top layer piece to add a little interest. I chose to use yellow thread to make it stand out as much as possible.
    3

  4. Last, I stacked all the layers on top of one another and glued them together to make one thick piece.
    4

Here's the completed layout that I created for Let's Capture Our Memories, a fantastic online scrapbooking store. I used Crate Paper's Story Teller line.
dont hate me because im beautiful


Here is a close up of the scissors.
dont hate me 3


Thanks for following along. I hope you enjoyed my tutorial. To find out more about this layout, please visit my Blog at www.scrapsation.com.

4 comments:

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne