Monday, March 5, 2012

Challenge Inspiration: Theresa & Kate!


I love the Tic Tac Toe challenge, but it is always so hard to decide which challenge to do. I went with the 3rd row down, emboss, make a card, and die cut. I did the die cut and embossing in one with the Spellbinders dies. While still in the die template, I inked the inside edges. I love the way it turned out. The roses started out white. I used my water brush and distress inks to make it coordinate. After stamping the image and adding tiny types, I coated it with distress crackle paint clear rock candy.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

For the Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge I did the following combination - Include stitching, Create a layout, Include a die-cut.

I used the February Kit from My Scrapbook Nook, which features papers from October Afternoon's Sasparilla Line. I also used some stamps from My Mind's Eye's Follow Your Heart line. These stamps are so versatile! They go with everything. The 'take note' stamp is from Jillibean Soup. I also used a lot of Gesso to mute the dark blue background, and I painted my Thickers navy blue. They were originally green, and although they coordinated very well with this paper, I didn't want to draw out the green in this particular layout. Once the navy paint was dry, I applied Glossy Accents to the Thickers to bring the sheen back.

Pony Express

I cut a piece of the denim paper by October Afternoon to create a 'jean' journalling pocket. I stitched around the edge of the pocket with yellow floss to make the pocket look even more like a pocket off a pair of old jeans. The 'Wild Adventures' card pulls out to show the journalling. I accented the pocket with more stamps, heat embossed in white, die cuts by October Afternoon and Maya Road, ribbon by Jillybean Soup, a Tim Holtz paper clip and my favourite new embellishment, the star epoxy shape from Epiphany Crafts

Pony Express 3

I accented the large yellow star die cut below by applying Glossy Accents to it. It acts as a mirror to the Epiphany Crafts star on the opposite side of the page. 

Pony Express 2

Thanks for allowing me to share my project with you. I'm looking forward to seeing your creations!

3 comments:

  1. Love the jeans pocket! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 beautiful projects, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and wonderful layout....love the talent here!! :-) TFS!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne