Friday, February 24, 2012

Tutorial: Button flowers by Sandi!

Hi, Sandi here from Slightly off Center with a quick and easy tutorial on how to make a simple yet pretty flower out something that all of us probably have jars full of -- BUTTONS!!  

Here is what you will need:


I have a scalloped circle paper punch (you could just hand cut a circle but I like to have my scallops showing around the edges of the flower.), 5 smaller and one large button in coordinating or matching colors, some adhesive (I like Tombo Mono adhesive but you could use glue dots also) and an optional paper punch.


Glue your smaller buttons around the edge of your circle and glue the larger button on top.  Let the glue dry for a few minute.  I usually tie my twine bow on the button before glueing it on top of the other buttons but you can also sew the button on the paper and then tie the edges into a bow.  It is just personal preference.


There you have it....just trim the twine and attach it to your project.
Isn't it pretty?


6 comments:

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne