Sunday, February 5, 2012

Challenge Inspiration: Theresa & Kate!


Isn't this a fun sketch?  While searching through pictures, I ran across these of Dax when he was about a year and a half old. They brought back fond memories of him learning to go up and down the slide all by his self. He used to count "1 2 3" as he would climb up the steps and slide down. I used some of my older papers by Cosmo Cricket, the Cogsmo collection and fussy cut the cogs, then pop dotted them for dimension. I cut the numbers and title with the Pooh Font cartridge.


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Here is my take on the fabulous sketch that we were asked to work on. I decided that this warranted using the Studio Calico stars that I have been hoarding for a while now, along with some older papers from Sassafras. The papers are from the Sweet Marmalade and Paper Crush collections. The background paper is by Basic Grey.

Your'e My Star

The stars are wood veneer and they came in a sheet. I treated each of them in a different way. With the largest star, I flipped it over and applied Maya Road glitter to the adhesive side of it, burnishing it with the tip of my finger. In the center, I added some Sassafras paper, and I wrapped twine around the star in a mirrored star pattern. For the orange-red star, I didn't have the right colour glitter, so what I did was apply microfine warm highlight glitter by Glitter Ritz and then colour it in the orange-red afterwards with a Copic marker. I wasn't sure if it was going to work, but luckily it did!

DSC_1531

Right before Christmas I won an amazing prize pack from Epiphany Crafts containing some amazing papers from Pebbles and lots of goodies from Scrapbook Adhesives. Epiphany also sent me one of their 'Shape Studio Tool Star 25' tools. I'm now in love with the thing! I need more of them! You can make your own custom epoxy shapes out of any paper you like. They come in a whole bunch of different shapes and sizes. I added them to my layout in a few different places. Here is a close-up.

DSC_1532


Thanks for letting me share with you! Have fun with the sketch. I can't wait to see what you create!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and cheery layouts you have created here. Thanks for the box tutorial.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne