Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving & a new challenge :)

Happy Thanksgiving week!!

Please join us on Friday 
for a special announcement! :) :)

Now, onto our challenge...
We know that everyone is probably really busy this week with special gatherings and family togetherness.. so we made this week's challenge super simple for you!

-Challenge-
There are so many avenues you can take with inspirational photo!
Colors: Brown, Gray, Slate Blue, Cream, Red
Add leaves to your project
Create a project about nature
Create an Autumn project
So many possibilities!
Don't forget to mention how you were inspired! :)

-Prize-
Mostly everyone will be shopping for others this weekend.
Wouldn't it be nice to shop for yourself!? :)

-Inspiration-

We welcome this week's guest designer,
Holly Gagnon
I live in Las Vegas, NV and I've been a stay at home Mom for the past 5 years.  I started scrapbooking 8 years ago then found the world of Cricut two years ago.  I absolutely LOVE, LOVE to paper craft!    My most favorite part of crafting is being able to make something special and unique for someone else.  I've given many albums, shadow boxes, decorations and other paper craft gifts over the years and now I'm excited  to have my own blog, Ribbons & Glue to share my papercrafting obsession with others.
We LOVE Holly's sweet bag! The colors, embossing, nature theme. Great project, Holly! Thanks so very much for joining our team this week! :)

And check out Team A's awesome projects following our challenge...

Nothing speaks "Fall" like pumpkins and Scarecrows! 
 I love these fall color on these cute pumpkins and leaves.

I was inspired by the leaves and these Scrapmatts chipboard embellishments were perfect for my layout.

I loved this photo inspiration challenge!  I was immediately inspired by the color red popping out of the picture and decided to make it the main focus of my layout.  Also, i added a lot of leaves and a little Fall/Thanksgiving touch.  This layout was also based on Prima's monthly BAP sketch.

April
I was inspired by the colors in the challenge photo and found some amazing BG paper in my stash that was perfect to make these adorable notebooks with.

Sue
I created this card for my boyfriend for Thanksgiving. When I saw the inspiration photo, I immediately thought about one of the recent Artful Delight kits. I still had some paper left with leaves on it and I was going to use that. But this paper really made all the colors click for me.

Abby
I created this layout which features my son and nephew enjoying nature. I loved how the leaves in the inspirational photo look like they're stitched, so I did the same with my leaves. Love how they turned out!

Now it's your turn! :)
Enter your paper project following this week's inspirational photo challenge before Tuesday noon EST for your chance at winning a $20 shopping spree for yourself!
 If you enter before Sunday evening, we might choose your project to be featured in our Sunday Spotlight!


You may have noticed, we are not inviting guest designer sign ups lately. This week is our last to feature a guest designer for the rest of the year.  

Link up your project below. Just ONE entry per person, please! See our rules page here.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
Abby

4 comments:

  1. Fun challenge! This is my first time participating here. I really love the DT's awesome projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Challenge and Beautiful DT Inspirations!!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!! Happy Creating! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the fun Challenge All the DT's did a great job. Happy Thanksgiving.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creations by you & your DT. Entered my THANKS card with crocheted yarn flower.
    Meliss
    "Sunshine HonbeyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHOneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne