Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Special Guest: Aphra with a {{sketch}} challenge!

Good morning! 

Suzanne here posting for Abby. She's been without internet for over a week :( Poor girl! Fingers crossed they fix it soon and she's back online. xoxo.

Welcome to a special guest this week at The Paper Variety! We are honored to feature an exclusive sketch by Aphra Bolyer. I am such a huge fan of Aphra's work :) Her blog is full of inspiration.


Aphra Bolyer

Hi everyone!  My name is Aphra, and I live down South in Louisiana with my Alaskan oil man Jeff and our two boys, ages 11 and 4. While my husband is tromping around in the Alaskan tundra for weeks at a time, I'm home working part-time at a doctor's office, chasing around two rowdy boys and our miniature dachshund Max, and staying up into the wee hours of the night scrapbooking. 

I fell in love with this hobby back in 2000 when my oldest son was born, and I get more and more addicted with each new product release. It's my passion, my creative outlet, my sanity! Mostly, I create layouts of my family, but I also enjoy making cards, gifts, and decor. Honestly, I will use any excuse to play with paper and glue!

And here's the sketch she designed exclusively for TPV for this week's challenge:



Here is the layout she created with yummy Jillibean Soup goodies:


We also welcome guest design team member, Kristie Wilson!
Hi TPV Fans!  My name is Kristie and I live in Connecticut with my husband, Mike, and our highly energetic dog, Amber.  I have been papercrafting for over 7 years, having started with scrapbooking and then added rubber stamping and card making. When I'm not in my craftroom, you'll find me curled up with my Kindle or a paperback book. I was so excited to see this sketch challenge, we just got back from Walt Disney World last Friday and I couldn't wait to start scrapping our trip! Thank you TPV for having me as today's Guest Designer!


And inspiration from our Team A designers:

What a fun sketch. It was a bit of a challenge to make the 4 photos look right next to each other, but everything came together.

This was a fun sketch to work with.  I did some tweeking to make it work with one photo and my crazy pattern papers :)

Ah, how I LOVE playing with sketches!!!  They make it so much easier to create and it's unbelievable how just one sketch can inspire so many different layouts. I decided to use 2 different sketches for this double-pager.  I used Aphra's awesome sketch as inspiration for the left side of my layout as you can see.  Visit my blog to see what else inspired me this week and lots of close-ups! :-)

Wow! If seeing Aphra's versatile sketch and her, our guest designer, and design team's layouts were not incentive enough. Check out this week's prize!!


Can't wait to see your creations!! :)
-Suzanne


3 comments:

  1. lovely sketch and wonderful creations by all. yummy prize (as usual)...good luck to all!!!
    :O)
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great sketch! I love Aphra's work and blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for having me as a guest this week!! Loved working with Aphra's sketch!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne