Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Week 45 Challenge! :)

I'm so excited about this week's challenge so let's get right to it! :)


-Challenge-
 This week's challenge is to create a paper project that includes alot of circles! Cut circles out of paper, paint circles, punch circles, stamp circles, mask circles, draw circles.. Go Circle Crazy! :)

-Sponsor-
 We're so happy to welcome
as our sponsor this week!
 Join us on Friday when we share more about Scrapbook Circle!

-Prize-
 Scrapbook Circle is awarding our challenge winner with a
$30 Gift Certificate to their store!!
 Beautiful kits!

-Inspiration-

Meet our Guest Designer,
Maria Castillo
 Hello. My name is María and I´m from Costa Rica. I discovered scrapbooking three years ago and I inmediately fell in love… I´m married to a wonderful man and we have two lovely kids, of course I scrap about my family most of the time.
I love two scrapbooking styles: shabby chic and bright and colorful. I usually scrap on weekends, because I work full time as a Languege & Literature teacher (I wake up a 4:00a.m everyday!)
It´s such a honor for me to be GD here at TPV. I love to play with Abby & Suzanne´s challenges every week. Thanks for the opportunity!
Hope you like my card today. If you want to see more, you can visit my blog.
Oh so cute! Love this cheerful and fun card!
Thanks for joining us this week, Maria!

 Check out Team A's beautiful 
circle projects!

 I LOVE working with circles so this layout was really fun to do! One important tip: To make my circles perfect, I usually use my Cricut machine.

What a busy week!  My 'real' job kept me hoppin' this week and this project has sat on my desk, neglected, for far too long!  I used a piece of core'dinations card stock for the background ... This stuff is amazing ... you can tear it or sand it and the colored center comes shining through ... my girlfriend and I found a rack of it at Craft 2000 for ¢.10 each ... yep, we bought a bunch of it!  This is the first project I've used it on, but you can be certain you'll see it again soon!  Also, I spray misted the gauze to dye it the right color for the page and tied it w/ a ribbon ... I think I've just become a gauze fan!

My dogs decided I didn't need to make the bed this morning. They really enjoyed wrestling on the sheets. I love making lollipop flowers and this was the perfect opportunity to use them.

I've been wanting to scrap my new crafting adventure.  This was a fun challenge to do that with.  Here's a little example of one of my first "zentangles" and it had some circles in it to too, how perfect :)
For my layout i have included lots of circles - they include pp cut circles, doiley circles, flowers which are have round circle centres and my black photo mat is made of many circles!

Abby
I have a set of Pebbles "Lil Buddy" cardstock stickers and I fell in love with that adorable turtle! I decided to create this birthday card for my nephew so I'm ready when his next birthday comes :) I cut all those 1 inch circles out of my Echo Park "Dots & Stripes" pad.. the colors matched perfectly! :)

Enter your paper project following this week's circle challenge before Tuesday noon EST for your chance at winning a $30 gift certificate from
Scrapbook Circle!!

If you enter before Sunday evening, we might choose your project to be featured in our Sunday Spotlight! Want to become an upcoming guest designer? Share your project on our Facebook wall (with GD in your comment) before Sunday 6pm EST and we may choose you to be our guest! :)

Just ONE entry per person, please! See our rules page here.

Have a great week!
Abby

21 comments:

  1. Fabulous work ladies!!
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun challenge..off to create

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some circles! Great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to see Scrapbook Circle sponsoring. Their kits are the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome DT projects! I've been using lots of circles lately - love 'em!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun challenge, and I love the way everyone has interpreted it! Anyway, I made one and linked up: http://kmassman-scrapbooks-cards.blogspot.com/2011/08/san-diego-zoo-take-2-in-circles.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great DT projects and awesome challenge!

    Arabella

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Ladies! I just found your cool blog through Pam's blog! I linked a project I made recently with lots of circles which is old but not more than two weeks! I hope it's ok! I will try to participate again in the future! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the fun challenge and thanks to the DT for all of the creative inspiration.
    Hugs, Jenni
    http://mylollipopgarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the fun challenge!! I had a blast!

    Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the opportunity to play, enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow loving all the great projects and inspiration. I will have to pass this week as I had food poisoning two days and now am the wedding coordinator for a huge wedding this weekend. See you next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a great challenge! Thank you for the inspiration and thank you to Scrapbook Circle for sponsoring TPV! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome job DT and what fun challenge. I had tons for fun participating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, thanks for the oportunity, I already link my post.

    http://itzel-principiantescrap.blogspot.com/2011/08/circles.html

    See ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just linked my layout! What a fabulous prize...the kits look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  17. great challenge and all the dt have made beautiful layouts and cards, beautiful exsamples.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  18. What wonderful projects! This is the second week in a row I have finished my project too late to link! :(

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne