Wednesday, August 31, 2011

It's Someone's Birthday! :)

Before we get to this week's challenge.. 
have you heard that next week, Sept 7th, 
The Paper Variety turns ONE?? 
YAY TPV!
We're having a huge celebration next Wednesday.
HUGE!
Be there or be a  
banana!
(dumb I know, but I say that to my son rather than being square lol)

Anyway, if you help us promote our celebration you could win..
Have you displayed our celebration blinky on your blog?
See here for all the super simple details and to learn about
what we have in store for YOU next week :)

And now, our challenge..

TPV's birthday is next week.. 
Guess who's having a birthday this week!?
She's super sweet and really pretty!
Give up?
It's ME!
Abby! *sweet smile*
Bwahahahahaha! :P

Friday is my birthday :) I haven't hit the big 4-0 yet, but almost!
We're celebrating by bringing you a challenge fit for the occasion!

I can't wait to see all your birthday inspired projects!

A festive challenge deserves a festive prize! 
If you're the randomly chosen winner, you'll win these 
TWO My Mind's Eye boy and girl "Hip Hooray" collections! :)


Need some inspiration to get you started?

Let's begin with this week's 
Guest Designer,
I am now a SAHM, after spending nearly 15 years in print media, who lives in Oklahoma and is happily married to the love of my life! We have an awesome 15 year old son (who's going on 30...lol!) and a 6 year old fur baby, a Boxer we rescued from a local shelter. I started scrapping about 5 years ago when my mother-in-law bought me a kit for Christmas. Two years later she also got me a Cricut for Christmas and that was it for me, I was totally hooked! Less than a year later I was on my first design team and had a blog. I've not slowed down since and absolutely love the creative outlet it offers me, plus it allows me to preserve so many memories to hand down to our son or look back on when my husband and I are old and gray! When I'm not crafting or spending time with my family, I'm usually reading, cooking or playing taxi driver to our son & his friends. I also have a huge love of music, as does our entire family, and our son is a multi-instrumentalist playing primarily drums in a band.
 Such a fun and colorful page! I especially love the banner! Thanks for joining us this week, Crystal! :)

Here are more projects from our 
fabulous Team A!

I received a Michael's gift card last week for my birthday. So I went out preparing to be stormed in by getting adhesive. I cruised by the aisle with the Cricut stuff and felt I "needed" the Birthday Bash cartridge. So many fun images on that cartridge. I also used the fun Echo Park Splash paper for the background of this card. I had so much fun making this card.
I love to use punches to make banners!  I also added lots of dimention to this layout.  Instead of adding my sons age, I circled it on the ruler.


I always love to make Birthday layouts since obviously they scream out FUN! And it just happens that banners are my favorite element to add to any Birthday layout so this challenge was perfect for me! I mixed up two of my fave paper collections of the year, Simple Stories' Happy Day and 100 Days of Summer. I'm so sorry that the picture is not any clearer, but i'm still in search of the best spot in my new home to take pictures of my projects! Please visit my blog for more detailed close-ups! Now I'm ready to be blown away by YOUR birthday banners this week :)
Abby
I created this shaped card using my new Live Simply cricut cart.
I love this lite-cart, all the images are soo cute!

Now it's your turn! :)
Enter your paper project following this week's birthday banner challenge before Tuesday noon EST for your chance at winning 2 MME collections!
 If you enter before Sunday evening, we might choose your project to be featured in our Sunday Spotlight!  

Want to become an upcoming guest designer?
Share your project on our Facebook wall (with GD in your comment) before Sunday 6pm EST and we may choose you to be our guest! :)

Just ONE entry per person, please! See our rules page here.

Dont forget to mark your calenders for
our celebration next week!
Sept 7th!
You don't want to miss it and be a banana, do you??
LOL

Have a great week!
Abby

14 comments:

  1. Hola ABBY por adelantado happy birthday....abrazos

    ReplyDelete
  2. well happy early birthday girl! you are such a sweetie and it has been a pleasure designing for TPV!! i have loved it so much & definitely feel blessed to have the opportunity because y'all's site ROCKS! super big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy early birthday Abby! LOVE that tree card!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun fun challenge! :-) I'm looking forward to next weeks events!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous projects everyone!! ;-) Happy early birthday Abby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Abby,
    Thanks for the fun challenge. Have a very Special birthday, you deserve it.

    HUGS, DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Abby!! I hope you have a wonderful day... thanks for the challenge and the wonderful dt inspiration projects too!

    Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the projects and love using banners on cards and especially layouts. Thanks for a great challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Abby! Great prize this time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tried out my new Spellbinders Pennants for the Birthday Banner Card I entered.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I linked up with a Happy Birthday card for Abby! :-) http://kmassman-scrapbooks-cards.blogspot.com/2011/09/bright-happy-birthday-card.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the cards are nice. I especially like the shaped tree w/the owl.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne