Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Rainbows and Grids at TPV :)

What a great challenge last week! So many different takes entered
for Team B's photo inspiration challenge- we love the variety!
Lots to post today so let's get to it! :) 

-Challenge-
This week's challenge is to create a paper project that features a grid design or rainbow colors. Kudos to you if you can use both! :)

-Sponsor-
-Prize-
 This gorgeous kit is packed with Pink Paislee goodies! Be sure to visit TPV on Friday when we list what's included in this kit and also share more about

-Inspiration-

We're excited to present our first of weekly Guest Designers!
My name is Leigh Ann Baird and I'm a southern girl living in a small town in East Tennessee with my husband and 2 daughters. I am so excited to be part of The Paper Variety team this week! I started crafting about 7 years ago when I became a stay at home Mom. Once I adjusted to life at home with 2 kids, I needed something to do that was just for me. I started out scrapbooking and pretty much left it in the dust when I discovered stamping. I started my blog over 3 years ago as a way to push myself to create my own card designs and meet some other goals I set for myself. The best part of this hobby has been the friendships I've made online and in real life. I adore creating 3D items and I'm still amazed that a sheet of cardstock, some well placed score lines and a pair of scissors can create something incredible. 

 Such a super cute card! Thank you for joining us this week, Leigh Ann!

 Check out Team A's beautiful projects following our challenge!

Using a grid pattern is great also to use up all those journal tags which i found was great for my layout. I kept it girly, bit bright too with lots of colours.. 

The first thing that came to mind when i read 'grid pattern' is plaid, and that made me think of a weave design that i had already seen on a layout at my LSS store. Inspired by that layout, I wove strips of paper to make the background of this double-page, and then a few flowers, brads, buttons and chipboard pieces later, VOILA! In case you're wondering, i'm the one on the right with the cool cowboy boots! hehehe 

I wasn't sure how to tackle this one at first ... and my good friend, Lisa, reminded me (while we were out shopping for scrappy stuff) that I had some old grid-like templates in my collection ... so I dug through my stash and came up with an old CM template, which I used as the basis for this page ... this isn't my usual scrap style, so it was nice to try something different for a change! 

I really wanted to do a page of my new puppy. She is growing fast and getting cuter everyday. I used Echo Park's Summer Fun collection for this page. Lots of colors. My embellishments are in a grid pattern. 

I'm an absolute Crate Paper fanatic!  I new I had to use this line for this weeks challenge.  Those buttons were a necessary addition, I really wanted to use them on this so I came up with this layout.  Adding the twine was tricky but I'm please with it all.

Abby
I created a happy card using both a pattern and rainbow colors. Everything was cut from solid color cardstock and the fun sentiment is from Paper Smooches stamps :)

Enter your paper project following this week's rainbow/grid challenge before Tuesday noon EST for your chance at winning the beautiful Paisleys & Polkadots prize!

If you enter before Sunday evening, we might choose your project to be featured in our Sunday Spotlight! Want to become an upcoming guest designer? Share your project on our Facebook wall (with GD in your comment) before Sunday 6pm EST and we may choose you to be our guest! :)

Just ONE entry per person, please! See our rules page here.

Have a great week!
Abby

12 comments:

  1. Love your card, Leigh Ann ... super cute and that sentiment is awesome! Congrats on being chosen for the Guest Designer spot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous work ladies! Thanks so much for having me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great samples and what a fun challenge! I am definitely going to have to play along. That prize looks awesome :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sponsor this week! Great challenge and great work by the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leigh, LOVE your card! Team B....AWESOME job with this weeks challenge...so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun challenge and lovely projects, DT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was a real fun challenge and the prize loooookksss ggggoooood!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne