Friday, July 8, 2011

Design Team - Pam & Rachel


Meet Pam


Hi Ladies!  My name is Pam and I hail from Detroit.  I'm head-over-heels excited to have been chosen for The Paper Variety Design Team.  I've only recently, within the last few months, found online challenge blogs ... and boy am I HOOKED!  TPV has really jump started my creative process and I find that I'm scrapping a lot more these days ... 
 
I'm one of the *rare* childless scrappers out there (yes, we DO exist!)   My passion is travel ... I have a wanderlust that just won't quit.  I'm always up for a new adventure ... and it's even better if it involves my passport!  When I'm not traveling or scrapbooking, I love to golf, play poker and watch my Detroit sports teams.  I also like to cook and am an avid photographer.  I usually don't leave the house without toting one of my cameras with me, you never know what sort of interesting photo ops will present themselves.
 
I've been scrapbooking for about 8 years now and I'm not sure if I have a specific style.  Some days I'm a minimalist, using a lot of negative space ... and other days I feel the need to layer on all kinds of embellies!  If I had to pick a favorite color to scrap with, I think right now that teal/aqua would have to win.  It seems to find its way onto most of my LO's these days.  I think my least favorite color would be purple.  As far as favorite manufacturers, again, I'm not sure if I have one ... I am drawn to MME, Bo Bunny, October Afternoon and Pink Paisley, to name a few.   Honestly, I'll buy just about anything that is on sale!  I'm a bargain hunter by nature, so a good deal is almost impossible to walk away from.

Here are a few of my favorite projects:


************************************************
************************************************

Meet Rachel
 
Hello! My name is Rachel. I am in my 30s, and have two kiddos-Abigail (4 1/2) and Alexander (16 months.) I am a military wife, a stay-at-home mom, and a die-hard Nebraska Cornhuskers fan!

I have been making cards since I was a little girl, and started scrapbooking about 8 years ago when a friend handed me a bunch of pictures and said, "You're creative-do something with these!" I have been hooked ever since.

I love listening to XM radio and eating cherry sours while crafting, and my latest obsessions are my Silhouette, butterflies, and anything Echo Park. You will find these things on most of my projects.
 
I have been published in several online magazines, and my proudest crafty achievements include winning a Basic Grey card contest and being featured in their newsletter, and being featured on the Echo Park blog.

I discovered The Paper Variety in January, and have been playing along ever since. I love the challenges here-they have inspired me to make some of my very favorite projects. I feel incredibly blessed to be included on the Design Team this term!

Here are a few of my favorite projects:


Join us tomorrow when we feature Nicole and Jamilie! :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome girls, love both your styles and looking forward to seeing many more wonderful projects in the future to get my scrapbooking mojo in high gear!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne