Wednesday, June 8, 2011

For the Guys! :)

Welcome to week 37 at The Paper Variety!
Wow! June, for most of the US, has really brought on the heat, hasn't it?! It's been nearly 100 degrees all week in my area of Illinois. But thankfully we'll have a short break as the next few days are expected to be in the 80s. Whew!

Let's get right to our challenge!

-Challenge--Sponsor-
We are so delighted to welcome back
Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker
as our sponsor this week! Personally, I LOVE ALL of the Nikki Sivils collections and I own several of them. Nikki's designs are so very fun with vibrant colors and the cutest images! Nikki Sivils has kindly donated this "Blueberry Hill" collection to our lucky TPV winner!

Be sure to join us Friday when we share more about Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker!

-Inspiration-
Need a little push to get scrappy?
Check out these masculine projects from our TPV DT! :)

SuzyI rarely create a masculine project! So this is the best result I can get and I love it! This card will go to my hubby on father's day hope he'll love it :D


It was a long time, that I wanted to create a pirate scrapbook layout. So, I took the chance with this awesome masculine / boy challenge to scrap these photos. My boy is at the "Bounty" ship, that was stationed at San Juan's port last winter season. The "Bounty" was one of the ships used to film Pirate of the Caribbean movies II and III. I used doilies and flourishes for this boy layout since they resembled to me the ship steering wheel and sea waves.

AmyWhat's more masculine than camo and guns?? Having 3 boys, this challenge was pretty easy for me! Papers are from American Crafts "Campy" line and the layout is loosely based on a Sketch Support sketch.

AprilThis challenge gave me the perfect opportunity to make a Father's Day card for my hubby! Hopefully he'll love it. ;)

Marilyn
AbbyTomorrow is my son's 12th birthday (where has the time gone!?) so I made him this fun birthday card. I'm not sure if you can tell in the photo, but I gave the number 12 circles dimension by adding popdots :)

Now it's your turn!
Who is your special guy? Your hubby, your son, your best friend, your brother, your father, your......? Join us and create a masculine project about him or for him.
Fathers Day is in 11 days!! :)

Link your project below before Sunday evening for a chance to be featured in our Spotlight. Link before Tuesday noon for your chance at the Nikki Sivils prize! :)

One entry per person. Challenge rules can be found by clicking here.

Have fun!
Abby

Don't forget!
We're currently accepting Design Team applications for our next term!
Would you like to be part of our team??
Click here for all the deets! :)



14 comments:

  1. great job dt and all the other entries. all are great for that special dad. thanks for the challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab inspiration by the DT - thanks for a fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work by the DT. Lovely blog and challenges. This is my first visit, and I look forward to coming again. Hugs, dj1952

    ReplyDelete
  4. DT projects are awesome. Thank you for the challenge!
    Shelly
    http://mypaperlove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous DT creation fab chall. thank you

    smiles Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAbulous Creations from DT.
    -Sony

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job design team. Thanks for the challenge.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great challenge! I opted for a masculine birthday card rather than a father's day project, hope that's ok!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the fun and timely challenge! :)

    Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun challenge and great designs by the DT!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the inspiration DT. Thanks for a fun challenge. I linked up my card, I'm #96.
    Nikki
    glamoroussideofscrapping at gmail dot com
    www.theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful creations from the DT! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I rarely create a masculine project! So this is the best result I can get and I love it! This card will go to my hubby on father's day hope he'll love it :D bath towels set , pillow covers online ,

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne