Wednesday, April 27, 2011

We want to see your Polka- Dots! :)

It's week 31 at TPV!! We hope you all had a
wonderful Easter and are enjoying this beautiful first
month of Spring as we soon head into May.
Warm weather is on the way! Yay! :)

~Challenge~
Our challenge this week is all about polka-dots or dots!
Polka-dots are a timeless staple in crafting and designing,
they're everywhere! And we want to see yours! :) ~Sponsor~
We are so excited to welcome a new sponsor,
The Paper Trail!
The Paper Trail is an online store that offers gorgeous
monthly kits as well as a huge supply of scrappy goodies!
And you'll be able to choose your prize with this generous
$25 gift certificate if you're this week's lucky winner! :)
Be sure to return on Friday when we share more
about The Paper Trail!


~Inspiration~
And here are our awesome designers with their gorgeous
polka-dot examples to inspire you!

AmyPolka Dots Everywhere! The green background paper has polka dots, there are purple dots around the scalloped paper, the ribbon even has polka dots! This was a lot of fun!

AprilThis is my amazing brother-in-law and his wife (also my BFF!) at the Marine ball one year. I love this picture so wanted to keep my layout simple and let it shine. ;)

MarilynI love Polka Dots so this challenge was very easy for me!! I used this Polka dots Prima paper to make the frame and gave it little accents to my page. I took this lovely photo of my daughter Paola that was my inspiration to create this page.

Suzy
Fun...fun...fun challenge! I used polka dots paper and ribbon for this layout.

Theresa
I was inspired by this digi image of a dressform and wanted to make a vintage card. I inked the pp with distress inks, lightly misted it with water and crinkled it into a ball to give it a wrinkled worn look. I made the flower and added lace, a feather, and a small strand of beads.

YaraI was inspired in the magenta colors from the playground's tubes for this layout. The patterned paper used to mat the picture, the big star, the fabric button and the cardstock sticker banner have polka dot patterns.

AbbyI created this little doggy treat bag, an idea I found on Melinda Spinks' blog. She's so very creative and I've wanted to lift her project for a long time, I'm so glad I finally did - so is my dog, Cooper :)

Let's get started!!
Link up your polka-dot paper project before Sunday night for a chance to have your project/blog featured and before Tuesday at noon to be entered to win
a $25 Gift Certificate to The Paper Trail!

Just one entry per person, please. View our rules and guidelines here.

Have fun! :)
-Abby



15 comments:

  1. Looooove what everyone did and I can't wait to see all the great entries!
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love polka dots! Love that the DT shows that they can be elegant or fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some polka dots! I hope to be able to play along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, I just finished an awesome polka dot LO---last week! LOL Luckily, polka dots are some of my favorites! I can't wait to work on this! Love the examples!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much ! I love Polka Dots and love the wonderful creations your DT has put together!!

    It was really fun to play along! I've now added your site to my Bookmarks for more challenges!!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. great challenge ladies and you projects are very beautiful.
    what a variety of cards that is great lots of different shapes and designs.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, am so please I stumbled across TPV - will be doing this challenge for sure. Awesome examples.

    Deb xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH Any excuse to use polka dots and I am here!
    FANtastic Dt projects just awesome girls!
    thanks hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects!!! I love Abby's doggy treat bag and so would my labrador Max! lol

    Melissa
    www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this challenge and projects this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved this challenge! So glad I found this site!

    Kim G.
    disneykim22@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. So fun!!!

    http://andfornow.blogspot.com/2011/05/splashie.html

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne