Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sketch designed by special guest, Jana Eubank!!

Welcome to Week 25! 
How exciting for us to be featuring our 25th challenge for
you! The Paper Variety has proven to be a great success
since we started last September and we look forward to
the next 25 and so on and on and on... :)

This week is truly a special one! We're so glad you
joined us as we have a special guest joining us this week!
We also bid a heartfelt farewell to one of our DT
members and a hello to a new team member!

Firstly, we are so very excited to have Jana Eubank
partner with TPV this week!

I have been a huge fan of Jana's sketches as well as her
beautiful layouts for quite some time. Jana is
tremendously talented and creates gorgeous projects.
Jana is well known in the paper crafting community, you
may have seen her before by way of her contributions to
My Mind's Eye and Cricut Circle or her blog. Jana has
kindly offered an exclusive sketch just for TPV,
we know you're going to love it!

~Challenge~ 
Jana Eubank sketch
And here is Jana's take on her sketch.. Beautiful!!

Thank you kindly, Jana, for providing us with 
your lovely creativity! :)

~Prize~


As always, we're so excited to have
The Scrapbooking Cottage
sponsor TPV challenges! This week, Stacy has kindly
donated a $15 gift certificate to our challenge winner!
Awesome!!


Our winner will also receive this
Crate Paper "Restoration" collection kit!

~Announcement~
Normally, this is where we share all the great DT
inspiration. But first, we have a couple announcements.

Sadly, we bid farewell to one of our original designers.
Lisa has been with us since the beginning of TPV and
has shared wonderful projects. We wish Lisa all the best to
her and her family, and thank her greatly for her beautiful
and creative contributions to TPV. You can follow Lisa at
her blog.

A message from Lisa: 
I am so thankful to have been designing for The Paper 
Variety and I am sad to share that this sketch challenge 
will be my last challenge for awhile. I hope to play along from 
time to time but need to step down from the design team. I am 
thankful Abby and Suzanne gave me this opportunity to be 
part of such a wonderful team of designers!

Thank you for everything, Lisa, and good luck to you!

We have invited a good scrappy friend, Theresa, to join
TeamA and we're thrilled that she accepted! Theresa
is a lovely paper crafter and we're so happy to add her
to the team. Here is a little bit about Theresa..

Hi!  I’m Theresa, I live in Southern Texas along the beautiful gulf coast with my hubby of 20 years and our grandson.  I have been scrapping for just over four years, and my style ranges from very simple to eclectic shabby chic. I love the feel of paper between my fingers and manipulating it to make it fit my needs. I have always been artistic, dabbling in sketching, painting, crocheting, and sewing. However, once I became addicted to scrap booking, all other crafts have been put on the back burner.

Welcome to the TPV Design Team, Theresa!

~Inspiration~
Here is our fabulous DT with their inspirational projects
following Jana's sketch! :)

Suzy says: Love Jana sketch! It's fit perfectly with my daughter photo! The photo was taken at Disney's Hollywood Studio when my daughter had a face painting, she did have so much fun there! I've been wanting to make a fun layout for this photo but haven't found a perfect sketch before, so Thanks to Jana for this fab sketch! :)

Yara says: My kids at the Museum of Puerto Rico garden. I loved working with Jana Eubank sketch. They are so detailed that you do not need to figure it out everything to get a beautiful layout. For my layout I chose to use the new papers from Jillibean Soup "Chilled Strawberry Soup" combined with some embellishments from Little Yellow Bicycle. Love the great touch it provides the beautiful red/cream sweet spot from Precocious Papers etsy store by our friend Tessa.

Amy says: My brother and sister circa 1964. Love this sketch by Jana, so fun! I used papers from Basic Grey~Hopscotch and made a little kite for a fun embellishment! 

April says: My sweet Emily having some fun at the beach. I really love making layouts like this about my children enjoying the little things in life...it makes me so happy! :)

Lisa
Lisa says: I have had so much fun playing with this week's sketch challenge. I added a misted border and a burlap pocket to my design and the best part, the whole page is a pocket design that holds little messages inside from each of my children on their favorite memories of our apple picking adventures.
Marilyn says: I love Jana's sketch!  I made this page about my daughter Paola and her Crown Princess.  I used Echo Park papers.

New DT Member - Theresa 
Theresa says: This is the last in the series of four layouts I have made of my grandchildren to use as wall art. Jana's sketch was perfect for this project!  I used a mixture of MME Lost and Found papers, they worked great for that shabby chic look I was going for.

Thanks so much, Jana, for this great sketch! Love it! My layout celebrates my nephew, Drake's birthday party a couple weeks ago. I used items from Jillibean Soup "Spotted Owl Soup" which are included in the March kit at Artful Delight Monthly Kits. Love those little party owls! :)

Now it's your turn!
Create a layout or other paper project that follows Jana's 
sketch, and you could be the randomly chosen winner to 
receive these...

All projects are due before Tuesday noon est.. and if 
you share your project before Sunday evening, 
you and your blog could be featured in our  
Sunday Submission Spotlight!

Would you like to become
a guest designer at 
The Paper Variety?

Also, we're just 20+ away from 500 followers!! 
When we reach 500, we'll award a lucky follower a 
$25 gift certificate to The Scrapbooking Cottage!  
Invite your friends to TPV! :)

We can't wait to see your 
projects this week!!
-Abby

29 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sketch-thanks Jana!! Wonderful layouts, DT! That is one awesome prize!! Lisa-so so sad to see you go! :( Welcome Theresa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sketch = fabulous! Inspiration = fabulous! new Theresa = fabulous! Guest Designers = fabulous! Prize - fabulous! That's a whole lotta fabulous!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, we will miss you!!!! All the best to you & yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the challenge!! Awesome sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic as always! So sorry to say goodbye to Lisa~prayers and happiness to you! Welcome Theresa, beautiful layout! I just love being apart of this team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome layouts everyone! Farewell Lisa & Welcome Theresa!! Best of Luck to all who participate!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun sketch! and Awesome layouts ladies :)
    Sorry you have to go Lisa, best luck for you and your family! Welcome Theresa, adorable layout!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! WOW! WOW! LOOOOVE what you ladies created with the sketch! Each one is so fabulous with it's own personality! That is my favorite thing about sketches . . . seeing how each creative mind interprets it to fit their own style! :D

    THANK YOU to everyone here at The Paper Variety for allowing me to join you! Abby and Suzanne are the sweetest and it was a pleasure to design along side all of you! Warm HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the sketch and all the DT pages are fantastic!! Love to make banners on my pages, so here I go!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! awesome work everyone! Thanks Jana for designing an awesome sketch for TPV!

    Lisa, I will miss seeing your creations here, best of luck in what ever you do!

    Thanks Abby and Suzanne for this opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, these are all great pages. Can't wait to see what I'll make with this fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So honored to be on this team with you all of my scrappy friends! Such a beautiful bunch of layouts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely LOVE this sketch and I LOVE Jana! I had so much fun playing with this...I just linked my page up. Thanks for a wonderful opportunity to play and win a fantastic prize!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I been wanting to try banner in my LOs tanks for the great sketch

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am sorry to see Lisa go :( She is the reason I discovered TPV!!! But I LOVE Jana's sketches and I hope to be able to play in time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for that awesome sketch Jana!! I had so much fun with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great sketch Jana, I really enjoyed using it, just hope mine does it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved this sketch! Thanks for another fabulous challenge! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the awesome sketch challenge - just love the design! Really enjoyed creating this & have just linked up :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved the sketch and I created my layout and then took a look at the DT layouts as well as the other participants and boy do I have a lot of growing to do!! thanks for letting me play along... happy scrapping

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great sketch! It worked perfect for the right side of my Golden Gate Bridge layout. To see both sides visit my blog at: http://scraplifterdesigns.blogspot.com/2011/03/sketches-in-thyme-paper-variety-sketch.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Sketch! Inspired me so much I made a page and linked it up, 1st time! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome sketch! i just linked mine :D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Woohooo Jana rocks!!!..Fun sketch! and Awesome layouts ladies :)
    1st time here.... I've linked mine...thanks for the chance...hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome layouts and sketch! So glad I found this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This sketch was terrific to work with..thank you! Talk about inspiration...the DT's layouts are amazing!! I just linked up my entry...in the nick of time!! Thanks for the challenge!!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne