Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week17 - TPV Sketch Challenge!

Welcome to week 17 at The Paper Variety! 
We absolutely loved seeing all your pink projects last week.
We're so glad that you've joined us again!
And now, onto our challenge!

~Challenge~
This week the challenge is a sketch!
Use it to create a layout, a card or other paper project :)

~Sponsor~

 We're ALWAYS super excited to have Stacy from
The Scrapbooking Cottage kindly sponsor our challenges! 
Stacy is the sweetest gal and she owns one of thee
best online scrappy stores on the net! 
Join us this Friday when we share more
about The Scrapbooking Cottage!

~Prize~
Our random winner will receive a $15 gift certificate to
The Scrapbooking Cottage!

The winner will also receive...
 What a beautiful My Mind's Eye collection! 
And just in time for Valentine's Day!! :)

~Inspiration~

Check out these gorgeous DT examples!!
 I used these pics that I took of my sweet girls on their first days of school (they started one day apart) along with October Afternoon's Report Card collection, which I think was perfect for them. I really like how my page came out and I even played around with making a new flower! :) Also, I used a technique I learned from our very own Abby where you use circle punches, a bigger circle of whatever size you need, and some really good adhesive to create your own custom scalloped circle. It takes a little bit of time but works and looks great! -April
    
Lisa
these 2 girls do love to play together! my "g" girls are both fun and sweet and full of energy! they brighten every day! i knew the page needed to be as BOLD, yet sweet as they are. i loved added little patterned paper circles here and there mixed with buttons and added hand sewing, too. -Lisa
  
Marilyn
I made this page about my daughter and her friend.  These girls are together 
since Kindergarten until now. I remembered when they played with dolls..
now they're two pretty teenagers.  They are the Best Friends!  -Marilyn
  
Suzy
This is what my lil' girl looks like everyday with her brightest smile always makes us laugh every time we saw her, she's a cheerful and cutie little girl! This photos is taken Fall last year, the one on the left is a day after she got a haircut and on the right is before she got the haircut. :) -Suzy
During christmas, we went to Winter Wonderland Puerto Rico, this was a seasonal indoor attraction with fake snow and some snow related attractions. There was snow characters like Rudolph in the photo that were available to say Hi! to the kids. As soon as I saw this fun sketch, I knew I had to use this die cut paper from Fancy Pants Hot Chocolate collection! The snowflakes were raw chipboard sprayed with "Jack Frost" mist. The buttons have silver glitter! -Yara
  
I love working with sketches and this was a really fun one! I used papers and embellishments from Fancy Pants' "It's Your Day" collection  -Amy
  
My son and my nephew with reindeer antlers - typical toddler with his fingers up his nose lol. I absolutely love this Echo Park collection - so full of bright colors! I kinda went crazy with my i-rock, too - but who doesn't love alot of bling bling!? -Abby


Let's get started!! 
 Link up your projects before Sunday night for a chance to have your project/blog featured and before Tuesday at noon to be entered to win a $15 Scrapbooking Cottage gift certificate
and a MME "State of the Heart" collection kit!!!

20 comments:

  1. Great sketch! Count me in! See you soon with my LO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB inspiration, girls!!! What an awesome prize, too! Love that MME!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely FANTASTIC! WTG, DT!!! Great work and great sketch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just beautiful examples... i cannot wait vto see what everyone comes up with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. loved this sketch, and loved the examples. Had a wonderful time doing this layout

    ReplyDelete
  6. love skecth challenges, hope this week have time to participate :)
    great job ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone did a fabulous job this week!! :)
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this cute sketch! can't wait to see what everyone will comes up with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun inspiration and sketch! I linked up this week!
    http://kmassman-scrapbooks-cards.blogspot.com/2011/01/christmas-2010-grammie-and-poppie.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the practice, I may not win anything but at least i am learning and for that I thank you.
    Debbie
    htttp://craftywizard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi girls!! I simply love this week sketch and love my result too! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sketch was a lot of fun! Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved doing this layout!! Thanks for the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just uploaded my submission! Thanks for the opportunity to enter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loved this sketch...and the DT layouts were full of inspiration...just linked mine up in the nick of time! Thanks for the challenge!

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just put my entry in the inlinnz but is an X next to it I don't know if you be able to see it...just in case here is the link to my blog....thanks
    http://ununiversodepapel.blogspot.com/2011/01/snow-fun-lo.html

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne