Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Friendship Challenge!

Are you ready for another fun challenge? This week, I have a quote to inspire you:


Let this piece of wise decor inspire your creativity with a friendship card, layout or project. Use the quote as your journaling or sentiment - or substitute your own favorite friendship saying.

I am so excited to announce a new sponsor to The Paper Variety - Crop Chocolate!! They will generously award this week's prize to one lucky submission.


Wow! That's sweet enough to share with a friend ;) Be sure to check back Friday for more information on Crop Chocolate!

Now, see what our AMAZING designers created for this challenge.



Melissa said she "challenged herself" to use Echo Park's Wintertime collection in a different way. Love the result!



Shannon made this gorgeous wall hanging - so gorgeous that there are several of us who would like our own *hint hint* ;)



Jan said, "Whenever I see a stitching sampler like the inspiration piece, my mind goes back to the time when cross stitching was my "go to" hobby. I loved working with needle and thread and truth be told, I still love the hoops. I decided I wanted to use one for my layout this week. These two are cousins, but friends too. They love to get together to hang out and play. I love the bird paper by Cosmo Cricket and it, along with this cute photo of Brian and Maggie, inspired my quote."



Mindy said, "I loved the inspiration quote, but I have so many other favorites too that I couldn't choose :D  So I came up with a way to put them & some of my closest friends together!"



Patti said, "I recycled a wall hanging in my bedroom to make this quote wall art. I altered five small clipboards with some of my short, favorite quotes, and then mounted them to the inside of the original wall hanging, which I painted black. It was my goal to keep this project simple so that the quotes would remain the focal point."



Tessa said, "The quotation inspired me to think about friends we don't get to see very often.  My husband's cousin has three great kiddos that my boys just love to play with.  We hadn't seen them in a very long time until this past summer, when we got reacquainted at a pool party.  It was like making new friends all over again, and now that they are a little bit older, my boys remember their cousins and ask about them all the time."



I used Sassafrass Lass' "Mix and Mend" collection to create this sentimental layout. It will eventually be a gift for a friend who reads my blog, so I no photo and some computer text where the personal touches will be :)

Are you inspired to create a friendship project? Use the following quote (or another favorite) as the "theme" of your card, layout or other paper art.


Link your project before Sunday evening for an opportunity to be featured for our "Submission Spotlight". However, you have until Tuesday at NOON eastern time to win a $50 gift certificate to Crop Chocolate!


One entry per person please.  Review the rest of our guidelines here.

15 comments:

  1. Loving this challenge ladies and everyone rocked it!!
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  2. *{STUNNING WORK GIRLS!}* I am so so so HAPPY to be on this Design Team with you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work ladies! Hey Jan, I know that little girl in your project! :) She was just at my house about 30 minutes ago!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Fabulous art work ladies, and what a generous prize!!! :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. i lvoe the framed sentiment and the clipboards.....my goodness....there's tons of talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this quote...I immediately thought of my sisters - my best friends. I love all these layouts and the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the examples! And I LOVE Crop Chocolate! I hope to complete this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wahoo! Got mine done! Perfect timing on this challenge for me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this challenge! Please check out my take on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the inspiration for this challenge! I've never linked before and messed it up somewhere along the process, here is the correct link to blog.
    http://www.sharla-thisthingcalledlife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I tried to find the perfect quote about me and my girlfriends and couldn't quite find it so I made up my own. I hope that still counts :) Thanks for the inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The DT projects are all so different...and all so wonderful...thanks for sharing! I just linked up my scrapbook page...I LOVED doing this one! :-)

    ~Sharon C.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let this piece of wise decor inspire your creativity with a friendship card, layout or project. Use the quote as your journaling or sentiment - or substitute your own favorite friendship saying. choker necklace australia , choker necklace chile ,

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne