Sunday, September 12, 2010

Meet Angi!

 
Hello fellow crafters! My name is Angi and I am so excited to be on The Paper Variety team. I live in "Terrific Texas" and I am a single mom of two wonderful daughters. Rebekah is in college out in San Diego studying theater and Rachel just started high school and is active in dance and theater. They are my angels!
 
I got hooked on paper crafting after a friend invited me to crop night about 10 years ago. Now I'm a "Paper Addict". My creative background is all over the place. I've worked as a journalist and photographer while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps, I've written for local community newspapers, and now I'm studying graphic design. I'm currently a Jr. High English teacher.
 
You can see more of my projects at cokiepopaper.blogspot.com. I would describe my style as Colorful, Fun, and Whimsical. I love large embellishments that are full of color. My faves these days are chipboard and flowers. My absolute favorite thing to design is altered projects. I love to take an ordinary item and turn it into something "FAB". Two of my favorite altered projects are shown below. One is a retro recipe box and the other is a sassy altered notebook. I recently had my altered recipe cards published. I'm super excited to be a part of TPV and I can't wait to see all of your submissions for our upcoming challenges.

9 comments:

  1. love your "5 things I love"...especially since cheesecake made the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful projects, Angi. I love the colors! I used to live in Texas, myself. Looking forward to getting to know you and see more of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angi: Love how beautiful and diverse are your projects! Loved everything, specially the card which is stunning! Very happy to meet and have the opportunity to work with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angi...it's so nice to meet you! Your work looks great and I can't wait to see more of it. ;)
    - April

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous work, Angi! Love your use of color! Thanks for joining our team :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to meet you Angi. What wonderful work. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Angi! I'm in Pennsylvania but am a Texas girl at heart. GO COWBOYS! Welcome to the team.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE your pages and altered tin! so pretty! it was so fun to read a bit about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Angi! Beautiful pages girl!!! So glad to be on the DT with you, and it's nice to "meet" you!!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing your feedback! :) Thanks so much! ~ Abby and Suzanne